These have been strange and trying times for everyone - families, businesses and community groups. Thanks to the efforts of the Prospect Lake District Community Association board, we were given a reprieve from our rental commitments over the Spring and Summer and we were allowed to use the parking lot for non-contact training and conditioning exercise sessions.
Classes in the Hall are resuming in September 2021 with new protocols in place.
For those who met up in the Hall parking lot over the last two summers or took advantage of our online sessions, our classes will continue in a similar non-contact style in the short-term.
Island Aikido is making every effort to adhere to guidelines set by local health authorities.
- If you feel sick in any way, please do not come to class.
- Everyone attending our classes must be fully vaccinated. This applies to anyone watching as well as those training.
- Face masks are required when inside the Hall, except during training. Masks are required while mats are being setup and put away.
- Face masks are optional during training. (Subject to review.)
- On arrival at the dojo, use the hand sanitizer provided. This is mandatory.
- Class tuition will permit all students to maintain safe physical distancing. Everyone must respect the space of others in the dojo at all times: before, during and after each class.
- A separate area of mats is assigned to each student and instructor. Mats must be wiped clean after each training session by the person(s) using them. Cleaning materials are provided.
- Family members or others who share a household may opt to train as a pair when practising techniques. In future, we might allow other members to train as a pair for the duration of a class, but this option is not currently permitted.
We are currently reviewing whether to support online sessions for people who do not wish to train at the Hall. Please let the instructors know if you are interested in this option.